by Glen Depke, Founder of Depke Wellness
During the hotter months of the year, it’s good to add in some cooling foods.
One of those cooling foods is something you may not have enjoyed recently.
See the health benefits below.
There’s a keto note at the bottom of the bullet points as well.
Here’s some benefits that you’ll enjoy consuming your Organic Oranges.
- The health benefits of the phytonutrient called limonoid has been considered to promote detoxifying enzymes in the body.
- In the fleshly white inner peel are the most flavonoids, potent antioxidants that promote anti-inflammatory activities and enzymes that contribute to the body’s detoxification process.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that can be beneficial for conditions like arthritis, tendonitis, joint pain or digestive inflammation.
- There are more than 20 carotenoids in oranges that contribute simultaneously to their antioxidant capacity.
- Its antioxidants can help prevent cell damage caused by free radicals, a major contributor to skin aging.
- It can help keep the body and brain active and alert because it’s rich in vitamin C, as well as many B vitamins and vitamin A.
- As a good source of geraniol, it is a good natural antioxidant.
- It can have many health benefits including antioxidant effects, tissue protection and improved digestion thanks to its limonene content.
- Oranges have more than 60 bioflavonoids that protect the DNA and gene expression.
- Its vitamin C content may help strengthen the walls of arteries, veins and capillaries. It can be well combined with other foods that are rich in flavonoids or antioxidant-rich foods for better vitamin C absorption. Vitamin C also helps to regenerate vitamin E.
- It contains vitamin C , which facilitates the absorption of minerals and provides nourishment to hair.
- It’s one of the best sourcse of vitamin B9 that can help with memory improvements, sensorimotor speed and information processing speed.
- People who drink alcohol can benefit from an increased amount of folate in their diet to protect their liver and kidney function.
- It is a good source of absorbable folic acid, which, together with vitamin B12, helps stabilize the genomic health of cells and DNA (keeping cells enetically healthy).
- It’s good for winter months to keep the body strong and protected from infections.
- Depending on the size of the orange, it is about 15 net carbs. So use this on your feasting day or be sure to adjust your overall carbs on any other given day.
Also, If you have any comments or questions regarding this article please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also call our office direct at (800) 960-2755.
*The products on this page have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.