Almond nuts are the seeds of the almond fruit. Almonds are available year-round, but are freshest in mid-summer.
How Can Almonds Help You?
- They can help balance blood sugar through its biotin content, which is related to the production of insulin.
- They can help maintain the healthy fats in the skin, keeping the skin supple, moist and smooth, thanks to its biotin content.
- They are the second most potent in vitamin E content of all nuts, therefore being great for healthy hair and skin.
- The flavonols and flavan-3-ols have been shown to have quite a number of beneficial effects on the gastrointestinal tract which contribute to the antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antiallergic, antimutagenic, anticarcinogenic, and anticholesterolemic properties of almonds.
- They are a good source of magnesium, which can help prevent muscle stiffness and improve bowel movement through the digestive tract.
- Their manganese content is great for the brain and nervous system’s health and function.
- Their potassium content can help against water retention and cardiovascular issues.
- As a good source of potassium, they can help with improved muscle strength and metabolism, maintaining good hydration and electrolytic functions, and helping keep the nervous system healthy.
- Their vitamin E content helps blood circulation by reducing platelet stickiness, (thus reducing the risk of blood clotting) and fortifies blood vessel walls.
- They’re a great source of natural melatonin that can improve sleep quality. Unfortunately, melatonin seems to depreciate with processing, so the raw natural form should be considered over by-products and other forms.
- If you’re feeling hungry often, this is one of those foods that can help you feel full longer.
- They contain iron which helps improve blood circulation in the scalp, stimulating the hair follicles to promote hair growth and keep hair healthy
- They’re a good source of iron, which is important for the production of hemoglobin (a basic component of red blood cells) which help with the distribution of oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.
- They contains iron that can help gain energy when cells may be poorly oxidized.
Also, If you have any comments or questions regarding this article please email me at email@example.com.
You can also call our office direct at (800) 960-2755.
*The products on this page have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.