SIBO is a condition in which abnormally large numbers of bacteria – the types that are normally found in the large intestine – are present in the small intestine.
When not functioning properly, the migrating motor complex (MMC) fails to effectively sweep intestinal contents into the colon during periods of fasting.
As a result, the invasive bacteria interfere with healthy digestive and absorption processed, leading to unpleasant symptoms and chronic illness. The World Journal of Gastroenterology claims a definitive association between irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and SIBO, suggesting that SIBO be excluded before diagnosing a patient with IBS.
The Hydrogen/Methane breath test is a reliable and convenient method to help in assessing and classifying dysbiosis and SIBO.
BioHealth provides clinicians with high-quality breath test kits and detailed reports:
- Non-invasive breath collection
- Lactulose (not glucose) challenge to detect bacterial overgrowth in the distal small intestine
- 3-hour collection method reveals SIBO in patients with slow transit times
- Convenient interpretive guidance right on the test result
- Complementary interpretative support available from experienced clinicians
- Test Fee: Available to
- Specimen: 10 Breath samples using the EasySampler™ Breath Test This patented breath-collection kit allows for patients to collect samples unsupervised and mail their samples to the laboratory for analysis.
- Turnaround Time: 6-8 business days
- CPT Codes: Hydrogen – 91065, Methane – 91065
- Once we have your test results back in our office the Depke Wellness staff will call you to review your results and email you your results
- We will provide the necessary SIBO diet which will be essential to heal
- You will receive the necessary supplement recommendations to assist your body in balancing this bacterial overgrowth
- We will make the necessary supplement recommendations to assist you body in rebuilding your small intestine integrity
- The price of your results session is not included in the price of the test. This is an additional cost to you.